Popular Posts

Sunday 13 October 2013

My Perfume Collection

Perfume is one of those things that women of all ages love. There is something about smelling lovely that we just can't seem to get enough of... which is exactly why we are prepared to pay big bucks for little bottles of pretty liquid.

I remember when I bought my first perfume. I was at duty free and I spent about an hour trying to pick something that I really loved. I ended up settling for "Pretty Hot" by Elizabeth Arden. I cherish that bottle and even though it is not a scent I would normally wear today, I still love to spritz it on every now and then because it brings me back to a different time.

Humans are very good at associating memories with smells which could be a possible explanation as to why we love perfume so much? I love how the smell of one of my mother's scarves can bring me back to when I was a little girl, or how the smell of celery reminds me of cooking classes in year seven.

I'm going to share with my perfume collection. Now, it may not be very impressive but I love them all dearly.



"Pretty Hot" EDP by Elizabeth Arden. This perfume is the sequel to "Pretty". Pretty Hot is more fruity than Pretty which is more floral. However, both perfumes are perfect for Spring and Summer and definitely made for during the day as it is too sweet to wear at night. What I do like about this perfume is that it isn't too strong when you first put it on and the scent does not change when it is on your skin.  I find that a lot of perfumes take a minute to settle before it reveals it's true scent and can often smell very different on your own skin.



"Miss Dior" EDP by Dior. Without a doubt, this is my favorite perfume in the world. It was actually a gift that I received for Christmas while I was on exchange in France. I love it so much that this is actually my second bottle. It is very feminine and classy and not too sweet. Yet I don't think it smells too 'grown up' either. The scent lasts quite a while which is definitely a plus.

"Whisky Finest" EDT by Evalor. I have a love/hate relationship with this perfume. Again, it was a Christmas gift from my cousins who came to visit me whilst I was staying in France. They had traveled all the way from the Czech Republic just to see me and even though I have only met them twice in my life, I love them dearly. So whenever I spray this perfume, it reminds me of them but I just don't think the smell is very 'me.' It's not sweet at all and smells a little like old-lady-perfume (no offense to all the grandmothers out there.)



"Lilabelle" EDT Kate Moss. This scent can only be described as luscious. The first notes that you come in contact with smell a lot like soap (not exactly my cup of tea) but when it settles, it is very soft and sweet and I always feel so clean when I wear it (probably due to the initial soap smell!) And there is nothing like the feeling of an evening spent bathing and pampering yourself. I love that I can achieve that feeling with just a couple of spritzes of this perfume! I think it can be a day or night smell but I generally stick to day time wear. My only gripe with this product is that the lasting power is not incredible. It gets me through a couple of hours but then it fades. However, it was only $40!


"Nude" EDP by Rihanna. This is another fruity smell. When it is first sprayed it is a little too strong for my liking but after a few minutes the scent is really beautiful. This really is a daytime scent and more suited to Spring and Summer. The staying power is moderate.



"M" EDP by Mariah Carey. This scent is very fresh and sweet. It reminds me of a day at the beach. I haven't worn this perfume a whole lot even though it is quite lovely - I always seem to reach for other fragrances first. I bought this perfume on sale for $20 even though I believe it retails around $109 (bargain!) I'm not sure if I would have bought this if it hadn't been on sale though. Although it is beautiful, the scent is a little mild and disappears quite quickly. 


"Coco Mademoiselle" EDT by Chanel. This is another classy scent that is perfect for those special occasions like dinners or meeting the parents. Just like the Dior fragrance, I feel truly amazing when I'm wearing this. There is a strong citrus scent that is mulled by musk and vanilla. I absolutely adore musk scents which is probably why I love this perfume so much.


It may only be a small collection but I feel as though I have the perfect mixture of day, night, summery, dressy scents for any occasion.

Let me know of your favourite perfumes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment